Appears like this article is a week late. From September 20 up until the 26 during 2009 it had been nationwide Singles day. When you look at the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio began this observance which drops on the next complete week of Sep. It had been began to
… know that lots of single Us americans cannot recognize with the term “solitary” since they are parents, have actually partners or tend to be widowed.
Here are some present fascinating insights and research on singles in the usa:
- There are now 95.9 million single people in the U.S. who happen to be 18 years or older. This will make upwards 43 percent of most adults. (from 2008)
- 53 per cent of the singles are ladies
- 61 percent among these singles do not have been married prior to. 24 % have now been separated and a further 15 percent were widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account fully for 15.8 million of sex singles which 16 per cent having not ever been married.
- 11.6 million of adult singles tend to be parents living with their children, 9.8 million are ladies.
For your complete fact sheet from the Unmarried and solitary Americans month, check out the U.S. Census Bureau.