These MIUI OTA updates are rolled out in a staged manner. This means that the updates could take some time before they are available for each and every device worldwide.
Check home MIUI 10 Downloads – ROMs, Ringtones, Launchers, Themes, and Wallpapers to make your Mi phone most of it. Mi firmware is updated every day so that the firmware of Xiaomi device is always latest and updated. Head to Xiaomi’s official product authentication page. Fastboot ROMs can manually install MIUI software updates and unbrick devices by restoring the stock MIUI software. Fastboot ROMs come with a .tgz file extension and require a Windows computer for installation with the MiFlash tool.
- Installing a custom ROM can void your device warranty.
- These drivers are mainly for the devices powered by LG.
- Xiaomi corporation one of well- recognized Chinese electronics company which is headquartered in Beijing.
- Most Android users would not even notice the difference between a device with a stock recovery system install and one with a custom recovery.
Do remember that first boot might take few minutes. We don’t recommend using the Save User Data option, as you might encounter some issues. So that’s why we had recommended you to take a Backup of all the data on your device. It is designed to be ignored and can only flash OTA updates and ROMs which are provided by the manufacturer of the device, not third-party ROMs. As the official recovery takes time to be built, the enthusiasts are ready to give try unofficial versions during the time of wait.
- Below you can find a list with official supported devices.
- In addition, it also includes many other features and settings specific to the device.
- You may still use terminal commands to flash fastboot ROM on Mac or Linux.
- So, the next step is to extract the contents of the package (decompress it) to get the actual firmware files you’ll need for flashing.
After the Fastboot ROM is installed successfully, you should see the ‘success’ message under the ‘result’ tab and your device will automatically boot into the stock MIUI software. You can close the tool’s window now and disconnect the device from the computer. Now download the latest version of the Mi Flash Tool from this page to your computer. The downloaded file will be a .rar package, so you’ll need to extract its contents. To do this, locate the file, then right-click on it, select ‘7-Zip’ and then ‘Extract here’. The extracted folder should contain the tool’s executable, libraries, and other files. The Fastboot ROM package you downloaded is compressed with gzip in .tgz file format.
This method is for the users who rooted their Mi 11 with the help of the SuperSU zip file. Unroot or unrooting the Mi 11 Android device simply means going back. When you root the device, you get permission to do extra customization on the phone.