In Payday 2 picking locks can take a lot of time. Under pressure this can be fun but it can also be boring. With a saw you can cut through locks in seconds! Looting an entire vault can be done very quickly.
How to get the saw in Payday 2
In Payday 2 you will need to follow the following steps.
Unlock Portable Saw in the Enforce skill tree
This skill can be found in the enforcer skill tree, at the fifth tier. You will need to be at least level 36 (42 skill points) to unlock this skill point. Unlocking it costs $456500 so make sure you have saved some cash!
There are skills that increase the efficiency of the saw:
- Portable Saw (aced): Increase sawblades by 1
- Carbon Blade: Increase efficiency (damage) by 20%
- Carbon Blade (ace): Saws are 20% more effective, and attacking enemies wears it down 50% less
Purchase the saw
Before you can equip the saw you will first have to purchase it. It is listed as a “primary” weapon.
In the main menu go to the Inventory.
On the primary tab select and “EMPTY WEAPON SLOT” and double click it to get “BUY NEW WEAPON”
Now to go the SAW tab (most right), select it and buy it
Equiping the saw
During the loadout of a heist simply select the saw as your primary weapon.
A saw has the following uses:
- it can open trucks in Firestarter day 1 Heist.
- it can open all door which require a lock pick or a drill.
- it can be used to damage enemies (but avoid that^^)
- It can be used to open deposit boxes in bank heist and transport heist
- It can be to cut the security bars in Framing Frame day 1
- It can be used to saw the sewers access in Framing Frame day 2
- And even more …
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments.